[GE users] How to install a many exec hosts?

easymf michal.bachorik at sun.com
Mon Aug 30 17:21:08 BST 2010

or you can use OGE UI installer.

m.

On 08/30/10 17:42, laotsao wrote:

for interactive install one can download pconsole
http://www.heiho.net/pconsole/
if Ur root passwds or sgeadmin user  are the same for all hosts
U can install 100 hosts in one commands
regards

On 8/30/2010 11:02 AM, reuti wrote:

Am 30.08.2010 um 14:46 schrieb craffi:

If you have passwordless SSH access to the remote hosts you can
construct a template file and automate the install that way.

Some URLS:
http://wikis.sun.com/display/gridengine62u6/How+to+Automate+the+Master+Host+Installation

http://wikis.sun.com/display/GridEngine/Configuration+File+Templates

The keywords are "template driven autoinstall"

The template file you can start with (or look at) will be in
$SGE_ROOT//util/install_modules/inst_template.conf

In addition an installation by hand is also possible, with the same condition of a passphraseless login:

a) install one time the exced, this can also be done on the headnode (in which case you use `chkconfig --del sgeexecd.p6445` afterwards to remove the startup of the execd on this machine again and `qconf -de<headnode>` to remove it from the list of known exechosts. We just need the configured script to start the daemon.

b) add all nodes as administrative hosts in a loop: for i in ...; do qconf -ah $i; done

c) copy the startup script to all machines: for i in ...; do scp /etc/init.d/sgeexecd.p6445 $i:/etc/init.d; done

d) install the startup script: for i in ...; do ssh $i chkconfig --add sgeexecd.p6445; done

e) startup all exechosts: for i in ...; do ssh $i /etc/init.d/sgeexecd.p6445 start; done

-- Reuti

-Chris

sonsh99 wrote:

hi! all~

I want to install exec hosts.

But I operating a many hosts (about 100 hosts)

It is how to install exec hosts (http://wikis.sun.com/display/GridEngine/How+to+Install+Execution+Hosts)

This way is login to all hosts. It is very inconvenient.

Do I have any other option to install exec hosts?