[GE users] How to check reservations?

gutnik gutnik at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 18:47:44 BST 2010

I'm having trouble running a big job that takes multiple CPUs while
there is a steady stream of smaller jobs.

As I understand
http://wikis.sun.com/display/GridEngine/Managing+the+Scheduler, the
way to ensure the bigger
job gets run is to submit it with the -R y flag, so that once it
becomes the top priority job it will start to reserve
resources (in this case, CPU slots), until it runs. Is that right?

(In this case, the job is being submitted with a pe environment that
requires 12 slots on one machine.)

So, just now, I increased the priority of the job and it is now at the
top of the queue, as reported by qstat. Is there some way
to see that a)  the reservation is in place and b) that resources are
being held for this job?

Thank you.
   Vadim