[GE users] How to install a many exec hosts?

sonsh99 sonsh99 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 10:02:49 BST 2010

Thanks all!

I was installed by automated install process using template files.

It was very convenient!!

2010/8/31 rumpelkeks <tina.friedrich at diamond.ac.uk<mailto:tina.friedrich at diamond.ac.uk>>
Also, if you have ~100 hosts, do you not have some sort of configuration
management system for them? You could utilise that.

Tina

On 30/08/10 17:21, easymf wrote:
> or you can use OGE UI installer.
>
> m.
>
> On 08/30/10 17:42, laotsao wrote:
>> for interactive install one can download pconsole
>> http://www.heiho.net/pconsole/
>> if Ur root passwds or sgeadmin user  are the same for all hosts
>> U can install 100 hosts in one commands
>> regards

>>> In addition an installation by hand is also possible, with the same condition of a passphraseless login:
>>>
>>> a) install one time the exced, this can also be done on the headnode (in which case you use `chkconfig --del sgeexecd.p6445` afterwards to remove the startup of the execd on this machine again and `qconf -de<headnode>` to remove it from the list of known exechosts. We just need the configured script to start the daemon.
>>>
>>> b) add all nodes as administrative hosts in a loop: for i in ...; do qconf -ah $i; done
>>>
>>> c) copy the startup script to all machines: for i in ...; do scp /etc/init.d/sgeexecd.p6445 $i:/etc/init.d; done
>>>
>>> d) install the startup script: for i in ...; do ssh $i chkconfig --add sgeexecd.p6445; done
>>>
>>> e) startup all exechosts: for i in ...; do ssh $i /etc/init.d/sgeexecd.p6445 start; done
>>>
>>> -- Reuti

Tina Friedrich, Computer Systems Administrator, Diamond Light Source Ltd
Diamond House, Harwell Science and Innovation Campus - 01235 77 8442