[GE users] how can configure SGE for different request of jobs

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Aug 31 10:14:07 BST 2010


Am 31.08.2010 um 08:48 schrieb mrostaee:

> Excuse me dear Reuti,
> say it 20 nodes.

Still 48 slot jobs won't start on a single machine at all.

-- Reuti


> --- On Mon, 30/8/10, reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
> 
>> From: reuti <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de>
>> Subject: Re: [GE users] how can configure SGE for different request of jobs
>> To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
>> Date: Monday, 30 August, 2010, 7:34 PM
>> Am 30.08.2010 um 07:23 schrieb
>> mrostaee:
>> 
>>>> I defined a queue on 5 nodes (4 core nodes).
>>>> I want a job  that request slots <48 just
>> use
>>>> one host  (no distribution, just one host).
>>>> and for slots>48, SGE schedule on any node on
>> that queue.
>>> 
>>> you suggest me definition of 2 PEs and then writing a
>> JSV script that verify NSLOTS variable of job request
>> and  replace with suitable PE.
>> 
>> I don't get this, when you have only 4 * 5 = 20 slots
>> in  your cluster, any 48 slot job won't start at all.
>> 
>> -- Reuti
>> 
>> 
>>> in definition of that queue, due to request 48 slots
>> of any 4 slots node that host the queue ,slot
>> oversubscription of that queue is possoible?
>>> 
>>> can i  prevent oversuscription at mentioned
>> condition?
>>> can i define RQS for limit slots of hosts at
>> condition?
>>> 
>>> Thx
>>> 
>>> 
>> ------------------------------------------------------
>>> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=278104
>>> 
>>> To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net].
>>> 
>> 
>> ------------------------------------------------------
>> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=278227
>> 
>> To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net].
>> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=278410
> 
> To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net].
>

------------------------------------------------------
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=278447

To unsubscribe from this discussion, e-mail: [users-unsubscribe at gridengine.sunsource.net].



More information about the gridengine-users mailing list