[GE users] sunsource.net material archived

fx d.love at liverpool.ac.uk
Tue Aug 31 12:25:11 BST 2010

ron <ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com> writes:

> --- On Fri, 8/27/10, fx <d.love at liverpool.ac.uk> wrote:
>> The gridscheduler repo only
>> has a partial snapshot of the gridengine repo, without the
>> docs, ARCo or hedeby.
>
> We are still trying to study the Sun patents to see if the ARCo and
> hedeby code is really patent free, until then, we won't upload the
> code to the Grid Scheduler project.

Even if they are -- and is anything serious patent-free in the USA? --
what's the worry for bug-fixing, at least?  The SISSL patent clause
clearly covers the `Original Code'.  It may be possible to get legal
advice on the ramifications of more significant changes.

I doubt whether ARCo is an issue, as it's probably only dbwriter that's
of much interest, and it can't be difficult to do the job from scratch.

Also, what's the problem with the docs and repo history?

--
Dave Love
AKA fx at gnu.org