[GE users] How to check reservations?

gutnik gutnik at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 16:50:48 BST 2010

>> qalter -w p 1234
>> Job 1234 cannot run in PE "pename" because it only offers 0 slots.
>
> "-w p" honors the load, hence it makes sense as there are right now jobs on the nodes. So the other outputs are fine.

It  would be a little less confusing if it said "PE pename only offers
4/12" slots or something.

> You set "max_reservation" in the scheduler configuration to anything greater than zero?

Yes; it's set to 1.

The 12-cpu job eventually ran, but I don't know if it was because it
managed to reserve all 12 CPUs or if there
just happened to be a break in the smaller jobs.

I don't think this actually worked.
   Vadim