[GE users] Schedule one job at a time

sgenedharvey sge at nedharvey.com
Mon Feb 1 13:30:53 GMT 2010

> If you are trying to limit the resource a consumable could also be
> used.
> We make consumables for filesystems. Then you add that to the global
> host.
> This may be more general-purpose as you could adjust if you find you
> Can handle more than one job. Takes a couple minutes to set up.

Either I misunderstood the request, or you did.  Or you'll need to explain
your answer some more, because to me, it doesn't sound like it addresses the
issue.

I think the original post was asking:  He has 200 execution hosts.  If he
has a bunch of jobs in queue, and a bunch of slots available for execution,
then a bunch of jobs start simultaneously every 15 seconds according to the
dispatch schedule.  He doesn't want jobs to start simultaneously due to
other shared network resources.  He wants to make sure his dispatcher will
only start one new job per dispatch cycle, even if there are extra slots
available and extra jobs in queue.  For the sake of not straining the other
network resource.