[GE users] non global max_u_jobs

jobic jobic at polytech.univ-mrs.fr
Mon Feb 1 14:48:29 GMT 2010

reuti wrote:

Hi,

Am 01.02.2010 um 15:12 schrieb jobic:

Hello all,

I have 4 queues, for 4 different clusters, with gridengine 6.2u3.
I would like to set maxujobs for 3 queues, and not for the last
one. The
problem is that maxujobs is a global variable, so i can't do it
like that.
I looked on the side of resource quota, and set :
{
   name         max_slots_par_user
   description  "Limitation a 5 jobs par utilisateur"
   enabled      TRUE
   limit        users {*} queues {Huit,Neuf,Dix} to slots=5
}

The problem is that slot is not equal to job. I've got some parallel
jobs with many slots in use, so i can't do it that way.

Have you got an idea on the way to do it ?

This should provide it:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?
dsMessageId=231191&dsForumId=38

-- Reut