[GE users] Job time slowed with Hyperthreading ?

umanga aumanga at biggjapan.com
Tue Feb 2 10:12:34 GMT 2010

Greetings ,

Some of my execution hosts have i7 processors (4 cores with
HyperThreading ) and SGE show that each of this machine has 8 CPUs.
I noticed that similar jobs take much more time to finish on these
processors than on a processors without HT.
So I disabled HT in CMOS ,but still SGE shows 8 CPUs for this hosts.
Is there any performance issue with Hyperthreading?
How can I enable actual physical cores (4) for these hosts?

Thanks in advance.