[GE users] Setting TMPDIR for interactive sessions over SSH.

kisielk kamil at zymeworks.com
Tue Feb 2 17:55:23 GMT 2010

Has anyone come up with a way to set the TMPDIR environment variable for interactive sessions?

My interactive sessions are configured as follows:
qlogin_command               /usr/local/bin/ssh_wrapper
qlogin_daemon                /usr/sbin/sshd -i
rlogin_command               /usr/bin/ssh -Y
rlogin_daemon                /usr/sbin/sshd -i
rsh_command                  /usr/bin/ssh -Y
rsh_daemon                   /usr/sbin/sshd -i

(where ssh_wrapper is basically ssh -Y -p $2 $1)

It seems sge_execd still creates the temporary directory, but I can't figure out a way to inform the user environment of its location.