[GE users] use only N out of M cores per node?

dagru d.gruber at sun.com
Wed Feb 3 08:14:38 GMT 2010

With a newer SGE you can also make use of the exclusive complex in order to
prevent interference with other jobs even if you are using 4 out of 8 slots.

See: http://wikis.sun.com/display/gridengine62u3/Configuring+Exclusive+Scheduling

Together with core binding you can enforce the job distribution over 2 sockets.

Daniel