[GE users] Problems deploying reporting application

alopezga aloga at ifca.unican.es
Wed Feb 3 09:50:06 GMT 2010

On Tue 02 Feb 2010 (15:03), jana wrote:
> Hi,

Hi there,

> Yes, you have to create the directory as well.  The version string of
> the directory com.sun.grid.arco_6.2u3 must be exactly the same as found
> in the $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/reporting/util/app-3.0.xml. It is the version
> specified in the managementApp element. I believe in one of the releases
> there have been an error with the version string, i.e.  in the
> app-xxx.xml files is a wrong version string.

I do not have that $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/reporting/ directory but
$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/arco/reporting/ (I don't know if this is correct).
However, I've checked the contents of the file you pointed nut in my
path (i.e. $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/arco/reporting/util/app-3.0.xml) and the
version is 6.2u4 (which is the version in my com.sun.grid.arco_?????
directory).

> Next, did the following directory exist?
>
> /etc/opt/webconsole/console/

Yes it exists:

% ls /etc/opt/webconsole/console/
config.properties  default.properties  prereg/  regcache/
service.properties  status.properties

% cat /etc/opt/webconsole/console/service.properties
arco_app_dir=/opt/gridengine6.2/default/arco/reporting
arco_logging_level=INFO
arco_config_file=/opt/gridengine6.2/default/arco/reporting/config.xml

> What exactly is the content of your reporting.reg file ?

% cat /etc/opt/webconsole/console/prereg/com.sun.grid.arco_6.2u4/reporting.reg
system=false
debug=0
context=reporting
type=webapp
location=/opt/gridengine6.2/default/arco/reporting

Regards,
A.