[GE users] newbie problem ... help needed

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Thu Feb 4 14:21:03 GMT 2010

What happens if you run your job script on one of the remote nodes via
ssh (i.e. ssh host1 /path/to/script.sh) ?  I assume the problem is that
you're setting your path after you log in to include where ifort lives.
By default Grid Engine does not transfer your shell's environment along
with your job.  The PATH for the job is therefore whatever you get when
you log in by default.  (There's another subtler problem that could also
be the culprit, but let's try the more obvious one first.)  To get the
job to inherit your environment, try using either -V or -v PATH when you
submit the job.

Daniel