[GE users] qlogin / ssh (ultimately, X forwarding)

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Feb 5 12:39:04 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 05.02.2010 um 11:00 schrieb rumpelkeks:

> <snip>
> Thanks for that. I might look into that, actually. On the whole,
> still,
> ssh is just a tiny little bit more inconvenient (suddenly I need
> authentication set up on the nodes, which is a pain to do, that
> sort of
> thing. No host based auth isn't an option.).

yeah, I announced to put a Howto for it online some time ago.
Unfortunately it slipped up to now :-/

The pain in your case is mostly that you have to set it up on all
submit machines, which are around the department. Collecting the
hostkeys for the setup of the nodes can be done by `ssh-keyscan` w/o
the necessity to login to all submit machines.

>> It's also good to set "execd_params ENABLE_ADDGRP_KILL=TRUE" in SGE's
>> configuration to have better control of killed jobs in general.
>
> That is a good point; I'll do that I think. Provided there are no
> drawbacks with it? (Which bit of the documentation is that switch
> hidden
> in, can't find it at the moment. I'm sure I've seen it somewhere!)

man sge_conf

section execd_params