[GE users] queue priority

rumpelkeks tina.friedrich at diamond.ac.uk
Fri Feb 5 16:06:56 GMT 2010

Hi,

well; you could have the 'normal' queue be a subordinate to 'debug'. So
jobs in 'debug' would suspend jobs in 'normal'. Not sure if that's
exactly what you want, but I would certainly work.

Tina

templedf wrote:
> SGE doesn't really work like that.  That queue is where the jobs run, so
> if a job is in the queue, it's already running.  To get different
> scheduling priorities, you probably want to define some forced complexes
> (resources) with urgency values and assign those complexes to your queues.
>
> Daniel
>
> On 02/05/10 07:38, tkaminski wrote:
>> Hi *,
>>
>> we are using a SGE 6.2u4 environment with two queues - normal and
>> debug. Jobs submitted to the debug queue should always have a higher
>> priority than normal jobs! Which queue parameters have to be changed so
>> that debug jobs are executed first.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Thomas

Tina Friedrich, Computer Systems Administrator, Diamond Light Source Ltd
Diamond House, Harwell Science and Innovation Campus - 01235 77 8442