[GE users] Setting a maintenance window

kisielk kamil at zymeworks.com
Mon Feb 8 19:29:40 GMT 2010

I'm currently working on a project to migrate our cluster from Torque + Maui to Sun Grid Engine.

One thing I can't quite figure out how to set up in SGE is to have a maintenance window on the cluster. In our current Maui system I can set up an advance reservation on the entire cluster to occur some time in the future. Currently running jobs will not be impacted, even if their runtime would overlap in to that time period. New jobs are scheduled around the reservation, including backfill of lower priority jobs that can still fit in the remaining time window if higher priority jobs cannot.

What facility/facilities would I use in SGE to accomplish the same thing?