[GE users] SGE user policy

thamizhannal Thamizhannal.Paramasiuam at Honeywell.com
Tue Feb 9 10:26:49 GMT 2010

We are using Sun Grid Engine 6.1 in Linux RHEL 4 64 bit OS.

We need to restrict the number of license consumed by a single user to 5.

We had come across the sge tutorial and found that, it can be done using the resource quota (qconf -arqs) values.

Already the license feature is added in the consumable resource. Let the name be ?solver?

Now I need to limit the ?solver? value to 5, so that each user in the node can able to use up to 5 solver license and if the user submits another job then it should be in queue.

I have configured a new resource quota, by the following command.

qconf ?arqs <resource-quota-name>

{
   name         test
   description  license limit
   enabled      TRUE
   limit           users * to solver=5
}

But even if I continue to submit 6 jobs, each consumes 1 solver; it is running without any issues.

Can anyone help on this regard?

Thanks,
Thamizhannal P