[GE users] SGE user policy

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Feb 9 11:47:29 GMT 2010

Am 09.02.2010 um 11:26 schrieb thamizhannal:

> We are using Sun Grid Engine 6.1 in Linux RHEL 4 64 bit OS.
>
> We need to restrict the number of license consumed by a single user
> to 5.
>
> We had come across the sge tutorial and found that, it can be done
> using the resource quota (qconf -arqs) values.
>
> Already the license feature is added in the consumable resource.
> Let the name be ?solver?

hence the complex is set to "consumable yes"? Is there also a total
amount added the SGE's configuration `qconf -me global`?

> Now I need to limit the ?solver? value to 5, so that each user in
> the node can able to use up to 5 solver license and if the user
> submits another job then it should be in queue.
>
> I have configured a new resource quota, by the following command.
>
> qconf ?arqs <resource-quota-name>
>
> {
>    name         test
>    description  license limit
>    enabled      TRUE
>    limit           users * to solver=5
> }

this should mean 5 in total, you need curly braces i.e. {*} if it
should be per user.

What is the output of `qquota -u "*"` while jobs are running?

> But even if I continue to submit 6 jobs, each consumes 1 solver; it
> is running without any issues.

The `qsub` includes a `-l solver=1`?

-- Reuti