[GE users] SGE user policy

thamizhannal Thamizhannal.Paramasiuam at Honeywell.com
Tue Feb 9 13:02:58 GMT 2010

Hi Reuti,

It's already set to consumable to yes and the total amount been already
added to the global.

I have used the curly braces, but still more than 5 jobs are running.

The qquota -u "*" doesn't return any output.

If I submit the job using the "-l command" the job is in waiting queue
even slots are available.

Kindly let me how to proceed further.

Regards,
Thamizhannal P

-----Original Message-----
From: reuti [mailto:reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de]
Sent: Tuesday, February 09, 2010 5:17 PM
To: users at gridengine.sunsource.net
Subject: Re: [GE users] SGE user policy

Hi,

Am 09.02.2010 um 11:26 schrieb thamizhannal:

> We are using Sun Grid Engine 6.1 in Linux RHEL 4 64 bit OS.
>
> We need to restrict the number of license consumed by a single user
> to 5.
>
> We had come across the sge tutorial and found that, it can be done
> using the resource quota (qconf -arqs) values.
>
> Already the license feature is added in the consumable resource.
> Let the name be "solver"

hence the complex is set to "consumable yes"? Is there also a total
amount added the SGE's configuration `qconf -me global`?

> Now I need to limit the "solver" value to 5, so that each user in
> the node can able to use up to 5 solver license and if the user
> submits another job then it should be in queue.
>
> I have configured a new resource quota, by the following command.
>
> qconf -arqs <resource-quota-name>
>
> {
>    name         test
>    description  license limit
>    enabled      TRUE
>    limit           users * to solver=5
> }

this should mean 5 in total, you need curly braces i.e. {*} if it
should be per user.

What is the output of `qquota -u "*"` while jobs are running?

> But even if I continue to submit 6 jobs, each consumes 1 solver; it
> is running without any issues.

The `qsub` includes a `-l solver=1`?

-- Reuti