[GE users] flex-grid question

olesen Mark.Olesen at faurecia.com
Tue Feb 9 14:44:50 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-08 at 17:51 -0600, kdoman wrote:
> I followed instructions on this page to setup flex-grid:
>
>  http://wiki.gridengine.info/wiki/index.php/Olesen-FLEXlm-Integration#Running_the_qlicserver_daemon
>
> I got to the section which states "There are 3 important things to
> note about the output ..."
>
> 1. The qlicserver script has successfully queried FlexLM ....
> 2. The qlicserver script has queried Grid Engine and realized that the
> current SGE values ....
> 3. The qlicserver script has generated the SGE command "qconf -mattr
> exechost complex_values ...
>
> I didn't get step 3. I ran "./qlicserver -n output=-" and #1 and #2
> looked correct, except for #3, where my output has this:
>
> <!-- adjustment:
>      qconf -mattr exechost complex_values NONE global
> -->

My guess is that you may have skipped over some of the
http://wiki.gridengine.info/wiki/index.php/Olesen-FLEXlm-Integration#Ready_for_testing  section.

If you use "./qlicserver -c" to define your complexes and "./qlicserver
-C" to initialize them, the output of "./qlicserver -n output=-" should
look a bit more sane. In your example you have "... NONE global" since
there was nothing for qlicserver to do (nothing defined -> nothing to
adjust).

> I supposed at this point,  I should be able to run ./qlicserver -c and
> and send that list into my complex config?

Yes, but check it first before blindly adding it.

> Then run ./qlicserver -d ??

Or "./qlicserver -n output=-" again first (a little paranoia is
healthy). BTW: you will probably need to adjust dir=, and output=,
qhost=, qstat=, etc. if you want to use the xml-qstat integration.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.