[GE users] Best way to shut down an SGE cluster

prentice prentice at ias.edu
Tue Feb 9 21:20:01 GMT 2010

I'm sure this has been discussed many times on this list, but I couldn't
find a good answer by search (I was probably wasn't using the magical
combination of search terms to get my answer):

If you need to shut down an entire cluster quickly (power outage, for
example) what is the best way to shutdown SGE, so that there's minimal
disruption when the cluster starts up again?

Will jobs that were running be restarted/requeued,  or will they need to
be submitted again? I know that data will be lost if the jobs don't
provide their own checkpointing.

--
Prentice