[GE users] flex-grid question

olesen Mark.Olesen at faurecia.com
Wed Feb 10 07:06:55 GMT 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-09 at 20:57 -0600, kdoman wrote:
> I think I got it working now. Once I ran "qlicserver -d delay=30", the
> qconf -se global command shows the constantly updated complex_values
> as expected.
>
> The only minor thing now is how to get qlic utility to show the table
> as you had on the wiki. In my case, qlic only shows the header rows:
>
> $ /opt/flex-grid/scripts/qlic
>
> resource      total  limit extern intern  wait  free
> --------      -----  ----- ------ ------  ----  ----

If you check out the usage from "qlic -h", you'll see something like
this:

* extract / display information for the GridEngine license cache
  /opt/grid/default/site/cache/qlicserver.xml

But, of course, with your paths.
The above value corresponds to the "output" configuration parameter from
qlicserver (combined with the "dir" configuration parameter, if
defined).

For my installation, I have these configuration parameters:

    dir=$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/site/cache
    output=qlicserver.xml
    qhost=qhost.xml
    qstat=qstat.xml

Which means that all of the files land in
$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/site/cache.

You'd probably want to place these in your qlicserver.config file.

> Thanks much for providing a neat utility! :)

Thanks.
If you like it, you might like  xml-qstat too.

/mark

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain legally privileged, confidential or proprietary Information, or information otherwise protected by law of EMCON Technologies, its affiliates, or third parties. This notice serves as marking of its "Confidential" status as defined in any confidentiality agreements concerning the sender and recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail message is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message from your computer.