[GE users] scheduling jobs

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Feb 11 13:49:23 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 11.02.2010 um 12:37 schrieb scu98rkr:

> I want my jobs to be scheluded originally by the sequence number of
> the
> queues and then by the load formula (minus) -np_load_avg on the
> various
> queues. This is too allow space for dual processor openmp jobs.
>
> I've selected Sort by Sequence number and the jobs now go to the
> correct
> queues.
>
> But they then go to the queue with the least load where as I want them
> to goto the queue with the most load.

correct. First the seq_no is honored, and then inside this seq_no the
machine with the least load.

You can try "slots" instead of "-np_load_avg" ("np_load_avg" is the 5
minutes average [second value in `uptime`'s load list] and hence
there is a delay before it reflects the actual load).

http://blogs.sun.com/sgrell/entry/grid_engine_scheduler_hacks_least

-- Reuti