[GE users] Can qstat report qw jobs based on queue?

mlelstv mlelstv at serpens.de
Sun Feb 14 22:25:50 GMT 2010

On Fri, Feb 12, 2010 at 02:46:54PM -0800, richmaes wrote:
> running qstat -q lt_np_A shows all running jobs under the lt_np_A queue, but it doesn't show jobs that are waiting inline for that queue to become available.  Is there a switch I'm missing?  I thought the -ext would show it for sure.
>
> Running a basic qstat will show the qw jobs of course, but I still don't know which ones are specifically for lt_np_A versus lt_np_B for instance.

There is no simple way to filter output by queried resources, but
you can use 'qstat -u \* -s p -r' (or the xml variant) and filter
the output yourself. You also need to decide how to handle wildcards.
I.e. if you look for jobs that wait for lt_np_A, do you also list
jobs that ask for 'lt_np_*' or that do not specify a queue at all?

Greetings,
--
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv at serpens.de