[GE users] accounting file not actualized yet

jeromeverleyen jerome at ibt.unam.mx
Wed Feb 17 16:50:53 GMT 2010

Dear Reuti

You are right: The files are owned by root, and the grid engine is
running from sge. That was the problem!

Thanks you

I answer you in this way, because i don't know why, i never receive your
answer. I have to look at the mailing list archive web site to watch
your answer.

Regards

HI;

Am 16.02.2010 um 16:16 schrieb jeromeverleyen:

 > i'm facing a strange problem about my accounting file and reporting
 > file.
 > Since a couple of days, i don't actualize itself. I mean that the
 > timestamp of the file is on 12th of February, and qacct command report
 > the same time values. The SGE don't register since this date the
 > new jobs.
 >
 > I try to re-init my master node, but the problem still exists.
 >
 > The version of SGE is GE 6.2u2_1, on a Rocks 5.2 cluster.
 >

 > Following my configuration. It's seems to be correct.
 >
 > <snip>
 > [root at cluster ~]# ls -l /opt/gridengine/defa?ult/common/accountin?g
 > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 136355094 Feb 12 09:59
 > /opt/gridengine/defa?ult/common/accountin?g

it's sufficient that the file is owned by the sge admin user. Is this
root in your case?

 > Where i am wrong? Something special to do?

Mounted read only or file system full?

-- Reuti

 > Thank's for your help
 >
 > Regards
 >
 > --
 > -- Jérôme
 > Dans la plupart des pays, les citoyens poss?dent
 > la liberté de parole.
 > Mais dans une démocratie, ils poss?dent encore la
 > liberté apr?s avoir parlé.
 > (André Guillois)

-- Jérôme
- Et son mari n'a rien dit ?
- Non... tu sais, quand les types de 130K disent certaines choses,
   ceux de 60K les écoutent.
	(Michel Audiard)