[GE users] accounting file not actualized yet

jeromeverleyen jerome at ibt.unam.mx
Thu Feb 18 00:02:44 GMT 2010

Dear Reuti
reuti a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> Am 17.02.2010 um 17:50 schrieb jeromeverleyen:
>
>> Dear Reuti
>>
>> You are right: The files are owned by root, and the grid engine is
>> running from sge. That was the problem!
>>
>> Thanks you
>>
>> I answer you in this way, because i don't know why, i never receive
>> your
>> answer. I have to look at the mailing list archive web site to watch
>> your answer.
>
> the default receiver for the reply to posts is the mailing list. You
> mean, mails from the mailing list are dropped?
I mean that , as i am not in trouble, that i don't remember that i
receive your answer. But maybe i do some mistake deleting it.
As i receive the others emails, some trouble here on my email server
could explain this.
I will be more carefull next time to see if the problem is here or on
the email list.

Best regards

> -- Reuti
>

>> Regards
>>
>> HI;
>>
>> Am 16.02.2010 um 16:16 schrieb jeromeverleyen:
>>
>>> i'm facing a strange problem about my accounting file and reporting
>>> file.
>>> Since a couple of days, i don't actualize itself. I mean that the
>>> timestamp of the file is on 12th of February, and qacct command
>>> report
>>> the same time values. The SGE don't register since this date the
>>> new jobs.
>>>
>>> I try to re-init my master node, but the problem still exists.
>>>
>>> The version of SGE is GE 6.2u2_1, on a Rocks 5.2 cluster.
>>>

>>> Following my configuration. It's seems to be correct.
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>> [root at cluster ~]# ls -l /opt/gridengine/defa?ult/common/
>>> accountin?g
>>> -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 136355094 Feb 12 09:59
>>> /opt/gridengine/defa?ult/common/accountin?g
>> it's sufficient that the file is owned by the sge admin user. Is this
>> root in your case?
>>

>>> Where i am wrong? Something special to do?
>> Mounted read only or file system full?
>>
>> -- Reuti
>>

>>> Thank's for your help
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> --
>>> -- Jérôme
>>> Dans la plupart des pays, les citoyens poss?dent
>>> la liberté de parole.
>>> Mais dans une démocratie, ils poss?dent encore la
>>> liberté apr?s avoir parlé.
>>> (André Guillois)

>> --
>> -- Jérôme
>> - Et son mari n'a rien dit ?
>> - Non... tu sais, quand les types de 130K disent certaines choses,
>>    ceux de 60K les écoutent.
>> 	(Michel Audiard)

-- Jérôme
C'était une histoire tr?s drôle et on a tous bien rigolé,
m?me Clotaire, qui a demandé apr?s qu'on la lui expliqué.
  	(Histoires inédites du Petit Nicolas, Goscinny & Sempé)