[GE users] Query regarding resource quota

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Feb 18 10:30:33 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 18.02.2010 um 06:29 schrieb thamizhannal:

> Thanks for the information Reuti.
>
> In our case, we have users who have accounts in more than one grid. I
> need to update the license count for a particular user in both grids.
>
> I need to count the licenses consumed for a particular user on both
> the
> grids and I need to restrict the user not using more than the limit.
>
> Eg: If user1 users 1 license in Grid1 and 1 in Grid2, then I need to
> update for user1 as 2 in both the grids.

the conumption cannot be adjusted, as this is SGE's internal
bookkeeping. It would be better to decrease the max. amount in both
clusters. I.e. reduce the max. limit in Grid 1 by the number of
licenses already used in Grid 2 and vice versa. The will be a time
delay of course and might lead to the situation that sometimes the
user get one license too much due to this race condiiton.

> Whether it is possible or any other solution is there to handle this
> situation.
>
> And also I need to know the quota that SGE displaying is maintained
> in a
> file, if it's where is the file located.
>
> Is it possible to update that file manually?

No, this is not advisable. It's better to prepare the RQS in a file
which can be read in with `qconf -Mrqs <fname>`. In this file use one
line for each user, as this can easier be adjuster. This one fixed
file you reduce on-the-fly by the amount of licenses used by each
user in the other Grid and use the above command to make it active.
This can be done in a cron job.

In this case you also don't need the fake-limit which I suggested first.

-- Reuti