[GE users] question about SGE function

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Feb 22 10:27:04 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 21.02.2010 um 15:52 schrieb valentine:

> Can SGE have a utility which runs periodically and will KILL any
> job that is not attached to SGE! If we do not use SGE, we may be
> able to start your job, but it will be killed before we get any
> useful work done ...

it would be possible to abuse a load-sensor for this. But running
cron-like jobs is not a property of SGE. As a first measure I would
suggest to disallow rsh and ssh access to the nodes. If you want to
give your users the ability to peak around on the nodes, you could
setup a special interactive queue for this, with a h_rt set to 60
seconds in its queue configuration.