[GE users] Sgemaster won't start after upgrading

m0zes adam.tygart at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 21:32:08 GMT 2010

Just a wild guess, but, to me, it sounds like you downloaded the
lx24-* courtesy binaries this time, when you were previously using the
lx26-* binaries.

I would check to make sure I downloaded the correct ones, and if not
get the new ones and install them.

--
Adam

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 15:18, heywood <heywood at cshl.edu> wrote:
> No, it isn't hard coded. It returns lx26, while the directories are named
> lx24...
>
> [root at bhmnode2 ~]# $SGE_ROOT/util/arch
> lx26-amd64
> [root at bhmnode2 ~]# uname -a
> Linux bhmnode2.cshl.edu 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Sep 25 17:24:31 EDT
> 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> [root at bhmnode2 ~]# ls -l $SGE_ROOT/bin
> total 96
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Feb 22 10:55 lx24-amd64
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   10 Feb 22 11:06 lx26-amd64 -> lx24-amd64
> [root at bhmnode2 ~]#
>
> (I defined that symlink to get things running this morning)
>

> On 2/22/10 4:03 PM, "reuti" <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 22.02.2010 um 18:54 schrieb heywood:
>>
>>> No, we have not compiled SGE, but have used courtesy binaries all
>>> along.
>>>
>>> The /etc/init.d/{sgemaster,sgeexecd} scripts (which are from
>>> installing
>>> 6.2u3 last summer) are looking for lx26-*. But the utilbin and bin