[GE users] Sgemaster won't start after upgrading

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Feb 22 21:35:35 GMT 2010

Am 22.02.2010 um 22:18 schrieb heywood:

> No, it isn't hard coded. It returns lx26, while the directories are
> named
> lx24...

The actual version of the arch script checks whether there is a
directory lx26-... As you created links to the dirs, it will answer
with lx26... But w/o the links, it should fall back to the default
lx24...

So, the question remains why the actual version of the script
answered lx26... although there were no links or dirs in the beginning.

-- Reuti

> [root at bhmnode2 ~]# $SGE_ROOT/util/arch
> lx26-amd64
> [root at bhmnode2 ~]# uname -a
> Linux bhmnode2.cshl.edu 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp #1 SMP Mon Sep 25
> 17:24:31 EDT
> 2006 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> [root at bhmnode2 ~]# ls -l $SGE_ROOT/bin
> total 96
> drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Feb 22 10:55 lx24-amd64
> lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root   10 Feb 22 11:06 lx26-amd64 -> lx24-amd64
> [root at bhmnode2 ~]#
>
> (I defined that symlink to get things running this morning)
>

> On 2/22/10 4:03 PM, "reuti" <reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de> wrote:
>
>> Am 22.02.2010 um 18:54 schrieb heywood:
>>
>>> No, we have not compiled SGE, but have used courtesy binaries all
>>> along.
>>>
>>> The /etc/init.d/{sgemaster,sgeexecd} scripts (which are from
>>> installing
>>> 6.2u3 last summer) are looking for lx26-*. But the utilbin and bin