[GE users] Installation on Debian Lenny

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Feb 23 09:22:31 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 23.02.2010 um 10:02 schrieb jspies:

> I am struggling to get Gridengine working on a Debian cluster using
> the debian packages.  The instructions (README.Debian) do not produce

I'm not aware of such a README.Debian, maybe it was added by the
Debian maintainers.

> the expected result.
>
> I can for example not add a node as execution host and cannot find out
> why:
>
> $ node102 is no exec host

You got this command after a `qconf -ah node102` or under what
conditions?

> It is not totally clear how the $SGE_ROOT and $SGE_CELL is set up.
>
> Are there any people on this list who use Debian or the Debian
> installation of Gridengine?

There shouldn't be anything special with Debian with the courtesy
binaries. But I don't know which version Debian supplies and whether
they changed anything. Maybe the best would really to do a standard
installation with the ones from the SUN/Oracle website.

As you are just in the process of installation, I would like to point
you to this webpage and suggest to have the spool directories local:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/nfsreduce.html

-- Reuti