[GE users] Installation on Debian Lenny

jspies jspies at sun.ac.za
Tue Feb 23 10:25:42 GMT 2010

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 10:22:31AM +0100, reuti wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 23.02.2010 um 10:02 schrieb jspies:
>
> > I am struggling to get Gridengine working on a Debian cluster using
> > the debian packages.  The instructions (README.Debian) do not produce
>
> I'm not aware of such a README.Debian, maybe it was added by the
> Debian maintainers.

I suppose so yes.

> You got this command after a `qconf -ah node102` or under what
> conditions?

This is a test installation:

head002, node101 and node102.  head002 is the submit host.

sge_execd is running on the two nodes node102 and node101

I get the error message when I do a qconf -ae node102 (or 101).

The package version on Debian Lenny is 6.2-4.

> > It is not totally clear how the $SGE_ROOT and $SGE_CELL is set up.
> >
> > Are there any people on this list who use Debian or the Debian
> > installation of Gridengine?
>
> There shouldn't be anything special with Debian with the courtesy
> binaries. But I don't know which version Debian supplies and whether
> they changed anything. Maybe the best would really to do a standard
> installation with the ones from the SUN/Oracle website.
>
> As you are just in the process of installation, I would like to point
> you to this webpage and suggest to have the spool directories local:
>
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/nfsreduce.html

Thanks.  I will have a look at it.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4599

     "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is
      profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction,
      for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God
      may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good
      works."         II Timothy 3:16,17