[GE users] SGE 6.2u5 Resource Quota Set Question.

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue Feb 23 20:48:04 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 23.02.2010 um 21:16 schrieb wlee_hess:

> [...]
>
> File: gnodes_for_testing
> ------------------------
> {
>    name         gnodes_for_testing
>    description  "restrict use of nodes in hostgroup @test_gnodes to
> developers"
>    enabled      TRUE
>    limit        users {user1,user2} hosts {@test_gnodes} to slots=8
>    limit        users {*} hosts {@test_gnodes} to slots=0
> }
>
> File: remote_gpu
> ----------------
> {
>    name         remote_gpu
>    description  "Control access to Remote  gpu cluster"
>    enabled      TRUE
>    limit        users {@REMOTE_PROCESSING} hosts {remp*} to slots=8
>    limit        users {*} hosts {remp*} to slots=0
> }
>
> File: max_per_host
> ------------------
> {
>    name         max_per_host
>    description  "limit concurrent jobs to 8 on gpu systems and 2 on
> all others."
>    enabled      TRUE
>    limit        users {user4} hosts {n0135*,n1360.ihess.com} to
> slots=1
>    limit        users {user7} hosts {n0145*,n01460.ihess.com} to
> slots=0
>    limit        users {*} hosts {g000*} to slots=6
>    limit        users {*} hosts {g001*} to slots=6
>    limit        users {*} hosts {g*} to slots=8
>    limit        users {*} hosts {*} to slots=2
> }
>
> If I take the above and reduce it to the following:
>
> File: all_rule_sets
> -------------------
> {
>    name         gnodes_for_testing
>    description  "restrict use of nodes in hostgroup @test_gnodes to
> developers"
>    enabled      TRUE
>    limit        users {user1,user2} hosts {@test_gnodes} to slots=8
>    limit        users {*} hosts {@test_gnodes} to slots=0
> }
>

> {
>    name         remote_gpu
>    description  "Control access to Remote  gpu cluster"
>    enabled      TRUE
>    limit        users {@REMOTE_PROCESSING} hosts {remp*} to slots=8
>    limit        users {*} hosts {remp*} to slots=0
> }
>
> {
>    name         max_per_host
>    description  "limit concurrent jobs to 8 on gpu systems and 2 on
> all others."
>    enabled      TRUE
>    limit        users {user4} hosts {n0135*,n1360.ihess.com} to
> slots=1
>    limit        users {user7} hosts {n0145*,n01460.ihess.com} to
> slots=0
>    limit        users {*} hosts {g000*} to slots=6
>    limit        users {*} hosts {g001*} to slots=6
>    limit        users {*} hosts {g*} to slots=8
>    limit        users {*} hosts {*} to slots=2

this is basically the same, when you want to add them all with `qconf
-Arqs` (or change them by `qconf -Mrqs`). You can check with `qconf -
srqsl` afterwards.

Nevertheless the bug seems to be, that:

a) only the first one is confirmed to be added/modified in the output
of the command, although all are added (-Arqs) or modified (-Mrqs) fine.

b) second issue is a wrong formatting for -Arqs in the qconf manpage
- the explanation should be indented.

Can please file these issues?

-- Reuti