[GE users] cannot run on host until clean up of an previous run has finished

prentice prentice at ias.edu
Wed Feb 24 13:54:40 GMT 2010

Dear GU Users,

A couple of weeks ago, that big snowstorm that hit the mid-atlantic took
out the power to my server room, causing the cluster to go down very
ungracefully.

Now, a large job can't run because SGE says there's not enough slots for
the PE. When I do qstat -j <jobid>, I get a lot of messages like this:

cannot run on host "node24.aurora" until clean up of an previous run has
finished

I'm sure this is leftover from the ungraceful shutdown of SGE. What is
the best way to "clean up" these previous runs?

--
Prentice