[GE users] dynamic resource allocation and preemption

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Wed Feb 24 14:47:48 GMT 2010

The new slotwise subordination in 6.2u5 gets you close, but I don't see
a way to implement exactly what you're asking.  The current fairshare
scheduling policy falls short on two counts.  First, it can't operate on
arbitrary complexes, and second, it isn't able to force retribution
through requeueing or killing jobs.  Both are long-standing RFEs.

Sorry.  I'm fresh out of clever tricks.  Maybe Reuti has an idea.

Daniel