[GE users] qrsh behavior different when requesting queue

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Feb 25 16:49:28 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 25.02.2010 um 16:27 schrieb murple:

> I try to understand a strange problem. For one of my users starting
> gvim
>    via qrsh fails with an X error.

what is the error message in detail?

> This is somehow connected to his
> local X server I suspect since it's working from other machines.
> BUT:
> the problem depends on how he calls qrsh
>
> variant 1:
>
> # qrsh -v PATH -cwd gvim
>
> FAILS
>
> variant 2:
>
> # qrsh -v PATH -cwd -q *@nodexx gvim

You can try:

$ qrsh env

to check the environment variables. But I don't see any difference in
the above calls when they finally end up on one and the same machine.

- You use SSH with X11 forwarding?

- Home of the user isn't filled up or limited by a quota which is
reached?

- Is there more than one queue per machine with different
starter_methods or alike?

-- Reuti