[GE users] Slotwise preemption commandline syntax

sumyee sum-yee.lai at hp.com
Thu Feb 25 22:47:00 GMT 2010

Hello,

I am running SGE6.2u5, and I am trying to set up slotwise preemption.  For the whole cluster queue, I was able to set it using the command 'qconf -mq qname', then modify the subordinate_list to something like 'slots=4(default.q)'

I want to modify the subordinate list for a specific queue instance within the queue.  When I try to use the command 'qconf -mq qname at hostname' I get an error message that the cluster queue entry (qname at hostname) does not exist.  Can I change the subordinate list for a queue instance?  If so, what command should I use?

Thanks,
Sum