[GE users] Change qmasters hostname?

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Feb 26 10:36:53 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 26.02.2010 um 06:33 schrieb umanga:

> I want to change the hostname of the qmaster .Its ok to stop the
> qmaster
> temporary.

the qmaster has only one network interface?

> After  changing hostname in '/etc/hostname' , what are the other steps
> to following inorder to make the effects in SGE?

- add the new name as admistration host
- stop all daemons
- change the entry $SGE_ROOT/default/common/act_qmaster to reflect
the new name
- change the hostname of the machine in DNS and /etc/hosts on all nodes
- start all daemons
- remove the old name of the qmaster from the list of administrative
hosts

It's some time ago, but I think this were the steps I did. As Rayson
said, you could first try it on a test cluster.

-- Reuti