[GE users] Requesting special resources for the first MPI process

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Feb 26 14:02:03 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 26.02.2010 um 14:47 schrieb arc198:

> Dear All,
>
> I have a MPI code which has very high IO requirements whilst it
> runs and
> I want to add some SSDs or RAIDed SAS drives to a few nodes to support
> this and add a "fast-storage" complex to be able to request this.
> However as only the first MPI process does any writing  during the job
> it would be a waste to request the "fast-storage" complex for all the
> execution hosts. Is it possible to request that the job is started
> on a
> node with the "fast-storage" complex and not restrict the rest? If
> so, how?

you can request a -masterq which could point to a hostgroup of these
machines (i.e. request a -masterq "*@@fastnodes" instead of a
complex). To avoid that these machines are also used in first place
for the remaining slots, you can give the other machines a lower
sequence number and change the scheduler sort order to seqno.

-- Reuti