[GE users] Interactive Jobs from QMON on SGE6.2u5

sumyee sum-yee.lai at hp.com
Fri Feb 26 20:31:16 GMT 2010

Hello,

I have just upgraded a test installation from SGE6.2u3 to SGE6.2u5.  In the old installation, I was able to successfully submit interactive jobs from QMON as long as my display variable is set properly.  (Successful in the sense that an xterm would open from the execution host.)

In SGE6.2u5, I can't get interactive jobs to launch either through QMON or qsh commandline.  Is it just not possible to submit jobs with qsh, or is there a way I can configure it to work?

Thanks,
Sum Yee

qconf -sconf global
#global:
execd_spool_dir              /usr/local/GridEngine/default/spool
mailer                       /bin/mail
xterm                        /usr/bin/X11/xterm
load_sensor                  none
prolog                       none
epilog                       none
shell_start_mode             unix_behavior
login_shells                 sh,ksh,csh,tcsh,bash
min_uid                      0
min_gid                      0
user_lists                   none
xuser_lists                  none
projects                     none
xprojects                    none
enforce_project              false
enforce_user                 auto
load_report_time             00:00:40
max_unheard                  00:05:00
reschedule_unknown           00:00:00
loglevel                     log_warning
administrator_mail           sum-yee.lai at hp.com,steve.rhoads at hp.com
set_token_cmd                none
pag_cmd                      none
token_extend_time            none
shepherd_cmd                 none
qmaster_params               MAX_DYN_EC=10000,ENABLE_FORCED_QDEL=true
reporting_params             accounting=true reporting=true \
                             flush_time=00:00:15 joblog=false sharelog=00:00:00
finished_jobs                100
gid_range                    20000-30000
qlogin_command               builtin
qlogin_daemon                builtin
rlogin_command               /usr/bin/ssh -t -X -Y -v
rlogin_daemon                /usr/sbin/sshd -i
rsh_command                  /usr/bin/ssh -t -X -Y -v
rsh_daemon                   /usr/sbin/sshd -i
max_aj_instances             2000
max_aj_tasks                 75000
max_u_jobs                   0
max_jobs                     0
max_advance_reservations     15
auto_user_oticket            0
auto_user_fshare             0
auto_user_default_project    none
auto_user_delete_time        86400
delegated_file_staging       true
reprioritize                 false
jsv_url                      none
jsv_allowed_mod              ac,h,i,e,o,j,M,N,p,w,l