[GE users] trapping errors and restarting tasks...

paul_simpson paul at realisestudio.com
Fri Feb 26 21:34:37 GMT 2010

hi all,

a very simple question if you dont mind:

i want to be able to resubmit a failed array task if it errors out.  however, i cant seem to get sge to play nice.  right now i'm:
- trapping rendering error in my bash wrapper script
- exiting said script with error code 100.  (as per:  http://wikis.sun.com/display/gridengine62u5/Error+Messages )

..however, the command just 'finishes' and is moved into the finished state where it's unable to be re-run.

i assume that i'm approaching this in a wrong way and/or i'm being generally dumb.  would anyone mind pointing me in the right direction as i'm sure this must be a very common procedure.

many thanks in advance.

-paul

ps- i'm running sge 6.2u5, job is running in a pe (which manages slots/cores) - all on opensuse 11.0 - 11.2.