[GE users] trapping errors and restarting tasks...

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Fri Feb 26 23:08:28 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 26.02.2010 um 22:34 schrieb paul_simpson:

> a very simple question if you dont mind:
>
> i want to be able to resubmit a failed array task if it errors
> out.  however, i cant seem to get sge to play nice.  right now i'm:
> - trapping rendering error in my bash wrapper script
> - exiting said script with error code 100.  (as per:  http://
> wikis.sun.com/display/gridengine62u5/Error+Messages )

correct, they should be pushed back into "qw" state but with the
error flag set, it should show an E in qstat. When you clear the
error by `qmod -cj <job_id>`, they should try to start again. To
release individual tasks you have to specify the failed task
separated by a dot, e.g. 1234.99

Did you set "qmaster_params FORBID_APPERROR=TRUE" by accident in
SGE's configuration?

-- Reuti