[GE users] Interactive Jobs from QMON on SGE6.2u5

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Feb 27 00:01:32 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 27.02.2010 um 00:31 schrieb sumyee:

> Hi Reuti,
>
> I was hoping to use qsh because our users want to have a GUI to
> enter their resource requirements rather than to do everything by
> command line.  It seems like qrsh is the way to go for now, however.
>
> Thanks for clarifying this!

when they request always similar things, they could setup a default
request (section FILES in `man qsub`). Another option could be Tcl/Tk
or Perl/Tk to build a generic one on your own.

And another option would be some kind of templates, which you define
in a JSV (job submission verifier). There is no built-in template
functionality, but your users could request a string "-l
template=small" and depending on the setting of small/medium/big you
set all other stuff which is necessary and remove the "-l template="
afterwards, as it's only a dummy entry and not bound to any machine
or queue at all.

-- Reuti