[GE users] trapping errors and restarting tasks...

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sat Feb 27 00:18:16 GMT 2010

Am 27.02.2010 um 00:59 schrieb paul_simpson:

>>> hmmm, i'm not even sure where to look for this!  (v new to the grid
>>> software - and spend most of my time in the DRMAA python api).
>>
>> I missed the DRMAA. It's not supported there:

>> dsMessageId=220549&dsForumId=38
>>
>> AFAICS, an issue was never entered for this although it was
>> suggested. Can you please file one?
>>

> oh wow - i would have  never of figured that one out for myself!
> thankyou.  i'm happy to file an RFE/BUG - please point me to where
> to...

It's the entry "Issue tracker" in the column on the left side at the
gridengine.sunsource.net website.

> btw, i think did see the job goto into a "qw" state - but then it just
> disappeared.
>
> is this a big/quick fix?  (and a sun one or some somewhere else?)

When I understand the issue in the right way it's just to comment out
two lines and recompile SGE.

Nevertheless it's a matter of discussion whether it's a feature or a
bug. One could even define a new error code 98 "Application error
honored by DRMAA and qsub submissions".

-- Reuti