[GE users] sge_save_config.sh script and Cloned Cluster Config.

jlb jlb at salilab.org
Mon Jan 4 17:08:40 GMT 2010

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 at 12:36pm, wlee_hess wrote

> 3. To confirm, I've been told that I shouldn't have any problems with
> running our existing 6.1u4 setup concurrently with our new 6.2u5 setup
> as long as I've defined different TCP port numbers for the qmaster and
> sge_execd daemons, right?  Are there any other things I need to be aware
> of regarding my upgrade plans?

I'm currently doing this on our production cluster, and I did hit one
gotcha'.  I wanted to restart the 6.2 execds on the nodes, so I did
'service sgeexecd.$CLUSTER_NAME stop'.  Well, that killed *all* the
sge_shepherd processes (i.e. the ones attached to the 6.1 execd as well
as the 6.2 execd) and their associated jobs.  Oops.  So I'd recommend
"kill" rather than the init script for that task.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
QB3 Shared Cluster Sysadmin