[GE users] cluster Job migration

templedf dan.templeton at sun.com
Tue Jan 5 14:09:24 GMT 2010

There's not much.  The two general purpose answers are 1) Globus and 2)
transfer queues.  For the later, see:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/TransferQueues/transferqueues.html

Since 6.2, however, Grid Engine comes with a thing called Service Domain
Manager (if you downloaded the additional package).  SDM lets you
migrate machines among different clusters.  It's the same effect as a
meta-scheduler, except that instead of moving jobs to the free
resources, you move the free resources to the jobs.

Daniel