[GE users] Question about installing cluster where execution nodes don't mount any filesystems from qmaster node

bdbaddog bill at baddogconsulting.com
Tue Jan 5 19:07:24 GMT 2010

Greetings,

Trying to set up a test cluster to try out new configuration.
The GUI installer looked like a way to simplify the install.

I ran the following on each node.

mkdir /opt/sge62u4
cd /opt/sge62u4/
tar xvfpz ~bdeegan/kits/sge/sge6_2u4/sge-6_2u4-common.tar.gz
tar xvfpz ~bdeegan/kits/sge/sge6_2u4/sge-6_2u4-inspect.tar.gz
tar xvfpz ~bdeegan/kits/sge/sge6_2u4/sge-6_2u4-bin-linux24-x64.tar.gz
export SGE_ROOT=$PWD
util/setfileperm.sh $SGE_ROOT

Then fired up the gui installer on the master node.

I installed the master node.

Now if I'm not sharing any files between the master node the
execution/submit nodes, what files/directories do I need to copy to
them from the master node?

Thanks,
Bill