[GE users] What's the consequence if I removed these lines from sge_conf

kdoman kdoman07 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 00:40:56 GMT 2010

What's the consequence of removing the lines below from sge conf? If I
don't, we cannot submit any parallel jobs that request "-pe orte"
greater than 4.

qrsh_command                 /usr/bin/ssh
rsh_command                  /usr/bin/ssh
rlogin_command               /usr/bin/ssh

Without the above modification, any job submission with -pe orte
greater than 4 would received this error:

error: error: ending connection before all data received
error:
error reading job context from "qlogin_starter"
A daemon (pid 2160) died unexpectedly with status 1 while attempting
to launch so we are aborting.

There may be more information reported by the environment (see above).

This may be because the daemon was unable to find all the needed shared
libraries on the remote node. You may set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to have the
location of the shared libraries on the remote nodes and this will
automatically be forwarded to the remote nodes.
mpirun noticed that the job aborted, but has no info as to the process
that caused that situation.
mpirun: clean termination accomplished

Thanks.
K.