[GE users] qrsh/qlogin woes

brs brs at usf.edu
Wed Jan 6 20:56:24 GMT 2010

Firewall on qmaster host has this rule (also, I've tested by disabling
altogether)...

-A INPUT -s 10.250.0.0/21 -d 0/0 -j ACCEPT

All compute nodes are on 10.250.0.0/21 and have no iptables rules.
Nodes have no local configuration.

qconf -sconf shows
qlogin_command               builtin
qlogin_daemon                builtin
rlogin_daemon                builtin
rsh_daemon                   builtin
rsh_command                  builtin
rlogin_command               builtin

Also, we're not using NFS for SGE at all.  Binaries/scripts for submit
hosts and exec hosts live on an NFS mount, but spool directories are
local (/var/spool/sge) and QMaster is a VM with its own copy of
binaries/scripts, no NFS exports or mounts (same version, FYI).

> The most likely reason you didn't get a response is that it's the
> holiday season and most folks are on vacation through this week.
> Check back next week. :)

I think my confusion comes from the fact that I no longer seem to get
copies of my own sent messages to any of my mailing lists including this
one (so it naturally arouses my fear that the message never got
out)! :-O  And besides, far be it from me to try and rain on anyone's
post-holiday carousing with my petty issues!  We should all be curled up
by a fire drinking Samichlaus, not looking at cryptic trace outputs for
users who don't know how to take time off :)

Thanks for the efforts!

-Brian

--
Brian Smith