[GE users] qrsh/qlogin woes

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Wed Jan 6 21:23:28 GMT 2010

Am 06.01.2010 um 21:56 schrieb brs:

> Firewall on qmaster host has this rule (also, I've tested by disabling
> altogether)...
>
> -A INPUT -s 10.250.0.0/21 -d 0/0 -j ACCEPT

Is the qmaster machine the one you also login in? The qrsh will make
a direct connection between the login machine and the exechost. Are
both in the same net, or was there any IP forwarding defined before?

> All compute nodes are on 10.250.0.0/21 and have no iptables rules.
> Nodes have no local configuration.
>
> qconf -sconf shows
> qlogin_command               builtin
> qlogin_daemon                builtin
> rlogin_daemon                builtin
> rsh_daemon                   builtin
> rsh_command                  builtin
> rlogin_command               builtin
>
> Also, we're not using NFS for SGE at all.  Binaries/scripts for submit
> hosts and exec hosts live on an NFS mount, but spool directories are
> local (/var/spool/sge) and QMaster is a VM with its own copy of
> binaries/scripts, no NFS exports or mounts (same version, FYI).
>
>> The most likely reason you didn't get a response is that it's the
>> holiday season and most folks are on vacation through this week.
>> Check back next week. :)
>
> I think my confusion comes from the fact that I no longer seem to get
> copies of my own sent messages to any of my mailing lists including
> this
> one (so it naturally arouses my fear that the message never got
> out)! :-O  And besides, far be it from me to try and rain on anyone's
> post-holiday carousing with my petty issues!  We should all be
> curled up
> by a fire drinking Samichlaus,

Isn't Samichlaus the name for December the 6th? But at least in
certain regions of Germany even today is a public holiday to
celebrate the Twelfth Day. But not for me in the county of Hesse.

-- Reuti